I understand that United Animal Friends (UAF) cannot take my cat into its foster system but will help me promote my pet to potential adopters.
Showing my cat at adoption events greatly increases the chance of adoption, therefore I agree to attend events whenever possible. While showing my cat at an adoption event, I will hold UAF and the adoption site property owners harmless for any situation that might arise.
I understand that my cat cannot be courtesy listed or taken to adoption events without the following documentation:
- Proof of spay/neuter for cats older than four months of age
- Proof of FVRCPC (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia, Chlamydia Psittaci, R.I.) vaccination
- Proof of negative result for FeLV-FIV feline leukemia virus and feline immunodeficiency virus tests
- Health report from local veterinarian for cats older than eight years
While attend adoption events, I agree that:
- My cat is to be in an appropriate cat carrier and under the control of an adult at all times.
- I will not interfere with UAF adoptions.
- If my cat cannot be handled safely or if I am asked to leave for any reason, I will promptly and respectfully leave the adoption event.
I permit UAF to publish photos and descriptions of my pet on its website and other resources. UAF volunteers will verify adopter application information. If an adoption occurs as a result of UAF efforts, I will collect a specified donation to UAF from the adopter and forward this donation to UAF along with a copy of the UAF adoption agreement. UAF will oversee as a private party adoption and will not be liable in any way for the success of the placement. I understand that if the adoption fails, the cat will be returned to me.
I understand that re-homing can take a long time, so I will pursue other options, if I cannot keep the cat beyond a specific date. I agree to notify UAF immediately if the cat becomes unavailable for adoption. I understand that I and UAF have the right to discontinue the courtesy listing at any time by notifying using email.
I understand that it is UAF’s policy not to adopt pets to those who have courtesy listed a pet.
Acknowledgement and Agreement
I understand and agree to the above terms.